Thursday, September 22, 2005

Money, money, money... it's a rich man's world...

Yeah OK, Abba again? And no I'm not here asking for your money. Today, I went to the bank. Twice. Trying to sort out opening bank accounts in the charity's name. Everything like that seems to take a long time. When I am back in the UK I have more still to do with this. Hopefully by the end of the year all the bank accounts etc will be sorted. Till now everything has been running through specially designated personal accounts [to keep it away from our real personal accounts]. So much paperwork!

About 2 weeks ago I had an email from a US foundation saying 'we gave you some money last year and wondered if there were any projects we could help with this year'. No, I don't get these emails every day of the year... first time I have had one like that in 8 years our here! They had a specific way they wanted the reply, so this afternoon Peter and I worked through that and made a first draft of the reply. Tomorrow it will have to be finalized and sent.

Of course... we may get nothing and we do need more funds to cover the various projects as we expand.

No comments: